Author Topic: PAINTS (AEROPLANES)  (Read 258 times)

le Morte Homme

• View Profile
PAINTS (AEROPLANES)
« on: June 29, 2018, 03:31:01 PM »
Sorry for hijacking your thread, Rens

[moved from Rens' website related thread]  "One thing that I would love to see if a section containing all Paints ever made for Red Baron 3D.  Further, I would be the first to be willing to take a section of that database, say a particular number, and fire up each paint for each plane, or some block, in the server and take screenshots either on the ground or in the air, or wherever.  That has never existed to the best of my knowledge.  I saw your video posted on Steam and I could not remember that I saw that paint scheme...but at my age....?quien sabe?

I "think" I am flying Artic Angels (sic) (#35) which shows up on all planes I have flown so far when I have #35 picked."  - le Morte Homme

Planes I have flown under #35 Paint Selection from inside the server

Morane 

DH2       

Snipe     

se5a     

Morte
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 03:48:51 PM by le Morte Homme »
I will probably die flying Red Baron 3D

_Corax

• Bombing express
    • View Profile
Re: PAINTS (AEROPLANES)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 10:00:46 AM »

le Morte Homme

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 10:29:46 AM »
Corax

I am using imgur  free image parking

To get the best, full sized image to always show, here is how it is setup in here:

click "insert image" above....then put your https: jpeg version from imgur between the left and right "bookend" images.   Make sure the two bookends appear exactly as shown when you click on "insert image" with the right one having a slash / 

You should probably only use jpeg

Please build and organize whatever # you choose to record as an image and ID.

Woohoo!

Morte
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 10:37:03 AM by le Morte Homme »

_Corax

• Bombing express
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 11:05:17 AM »
isn't this functional?
I didn't get the paint folder so 139 corresponds to a historical squadron, while e.g. Rens sees me with a different paint

le Morte Homme

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 11:40:42 AM »
Corax

There is definitely a need for a fresh README to deal with conflicting in game paint schemes.i have tended to go with the Indy paints, but I lost my Word file to the mist of time in which I had pasted plane/paint images..so for now I stick with #35.

HOWEVER, the vast body of Indy paints have some very cool paints. 

Rens can very likely tell us how to use Squad and Indy paints when numbers are identical.  It definitely relates to what files each pilot has.  Standardization would be a good goal.

There

_Corax

• Bombing express
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 11:47:23 AM »
Indeed, standardization is a good idea, and it requires something like a database.
Even squadron paint schemes are different from installation to installation if different patch are used.
I use HA patch, and I see my SPAD XIII as seen above (with sq number 139), but if I fly the same with the same squadron number from FCJ patch, what I see is much different!
Standardization is something that is available only to Indy paints, and not to squadron ones.

le Morte Homme

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 01:32:35 PM »
Right now, my thoughts were strictly towards MMP

Hopefully standardization is more practical there, or perhaps not even the same level of problem.

Morte

Stan57

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 09:29:35 AM »
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aiqc45g1rn3MhweexY1uaVmgkBcX Link to mmp .
same as Rens and Wolf's with KK customs.

Salute! Zil

_Corax

• Bombing express
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 11:26:33 AM »
Trying to use squad ID 17 (with Zilski paint folder), caused crash while loading. I didn't have the problem with other SPAD XIII paints I tested.
Does anyone else have the same problem?

S!

*Edit: Seeing a video of Rens (me with SPADXIII), I was brown to him, british default camo to me, and grey/red to Zilski and LeMorteHomme
Paint sets are quite divergent...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 11:34:06 AM by _Corax »

le Morte Homme

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 12:45:10 PM »
S!

Corax

Confirms the point that there needs to an "official" reconciliation and standardization of Paints.  Then, ideally there should be a distribution via SSL certified DL.

Paints should be reviewable as jpeg or other image, tied to a # for which there are no other paints.

Morte

Stan57

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 07:33:40 PM »
People can have identical paint folders... But it also depends on what custom plane parts you have install in Simpatch.
I know if one person has Hell Angels but the other does not, you will not always see the same paint!
It really depends on the person, what they like to see, some prefer no paints.

The same goes for custom sounds, people pick the ones they like!
With so many patches, mods, and custom parts. People will not always see the same thing.

It would be Great to have a "official" reconciliation and standardization of Paints and a image.
But will all the work and time that goes into it, bring more people back to RB3d  :-\

Salute!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:32:32 PM by Stan57 »

le Morte Homme

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 10:14:19 PM »
Stan!

There was the need for 20 years to organize the paints more completely, but the biggest problem - as you are saying...."who cares?"

The only way to see any interest is if the game were to be rebuilt and make all old paints obsolete, then organize the new ones logically.  I think RB3D would then become a really popular WWI sim again and certainly could then be all it could have been starting 16 or so years ago when the code was "lost" at a time when most employees at Sierra were let go.  Years later Vivendi noted that after a thorough search of their archives acquired from Sierra, the code was simply not there.  Que triste!

Still, a cool collection of non squad paints might be in order.  I will start organizing one a little at a time.  I love the game.

le Morte Homme/Earnest

le Morte Homme

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 12:33:16 AM »
S!

Using "aftermarket" installs like FCJ, OTE etc. is likely to resui lt in conflict....in MMP

Glitches from those custom packages will mess up the game, e.g. FCJ use in a server when anyone else is flying without a full package add-on will result is in one of the two or more seeing a target destroyed while the FCJ pilot will see a perfectly fine target, or visa versa..AND when pilot two bombs while the others watch, the game will show the tgt down and will announce it destroyed.

Basic server regulations and instructions would be worthwhile if by some miracle RB3D came back in any significant numbers.

Try it...itis easily shown

Morte
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 12:45:59 AM by le Morte Homme »

_Corax

• Bombing express
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 09:42:14 AM »
I had FCJ from long ago, and noticed the same thing: targets that are downed from non-FCJ player, are unharmed to me: Also the city contains a lot of buildings with a main church but not any of the buildings, not even the church corresponds to the lone building others see that corresponds to a road (!)