Author Topic: my redbaron site  (Read 276 times)

REBS_Rens

• View Profile
my redbaron site
« on: June 24, 2018, 10:55:29 AM »
hello.

finding stuff / help :   if you have trouble finding redbaron, running it, download patches, etc.  consider having a look here.

https://rensg.home.xs4all.nl/rb3dindex.html

if you have patches, software that are missing and  that we need to keep alive, send me a link and I will add them. it doesnt hurt to have them in more than one place :-)

_Corax

• Bombing express
    • View Profile
Re: my redbaron site
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 11:32:49 AM »
I think you should update the Redux meta to
Server=TCP:216.18.240.2:6001 ;
I mean the last number of his IP is now 2, not 30.

That was a first run: If I find any other patch missing or something, I 'll inform.

S!

le Morte Homme

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 09:02:35 PM »
S! Rens

First, seeing your name with "newbie" above it is pretty ridiculous. 

I agree and disagree with your point about having many sites for information.  To simplify, given the skeletal pilot roster of Red Baron 3D, I suggest that you consider mirroring your website to a dedicated section of this website.  And the more veterans with knowledge base that would do the same would bring more attention from newbies and veterans as well. 

[ TEXT MOVED TO NEW THREAD "PAINTS"]

You can lead a lot of consolidation of....everything...., given your status in this game, and having your site mirrored does not take away anything, but rather contributes to building a new community...IMHO.  A more target rich environment for those seeking information about what is probably the best WWI flight sim ever.

le Morte Homme
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 03:46:14 PM by le Morte Homme »
I will probably die flying Red Baron 3D

xKrisx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 09:21:44 PM »
Hello. I am still in Singleplayer but heading into Multi soon.  Play a lot of golf in the summer and my tee times usually conflict with war times.  Where can I get a set of paints like you are talking about?  Is there a way to see the paints?  The numbers don't tell me anything.

_Corax

• Bombing express
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 10:41:24 AM »
Salute Kris and welcome to Multiplayer!

To play MP edit the mplayer.ini file in the Red Baron 3D directory as indicated in Stan's post here:
https://www.redbaron3dofficialsite.com/forum/index.php?topic=225.0

When you are in airplane selection screen in MP there is a field that you can input a number.
This number corresponds to a squadron. The file in main RB dir Squadid.txt is the table of numbers/squadrons.

Users may also create their own paints, and use them in MP.
There is a folder in RB dir called "Paints" that contains custom paint files, that they have been corresponded to numbers by users.
So there is a "standard" paint folder that contains all of custom paints, MP pilots use, and until a few years ago you could download it from Flybert's site
but it shut down. I don't have the folder: I lost it, but other users could upload it somewhere so we could download it!

S!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:43:29 AM by _Corax »

REBS_Rens

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 04:41:34 PM »
Salute Kris and welcome to Multiplayer!

<....>

I don't have the folder: I lost it, but other users could upload it somewhere so we could download it!

S!

I put one upload here. got it from D3erWolf.

https://rensg.home.xs4all.nl/rb3dindex.html

look for downloads => paint etc.

REBS_Rens

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 04:50:47 PM »
fixed the ip. thanks.
S!
rens

S! Rens

First, seeing your name with "newbie" above it is pretty ridiculous. 

I agree and disagree with your point about having many sites for information.  To simplify, given the skeletal pilot roster of Red Baron 3D, I suggest that you consider mirroring your website to a dedicated section of this website.  And the more veterans with knowledge base that would do the same would bring more attention from newbies and veterans as well. 

[ TEXT MOVED TO NEW THREAD "PAINTS"]

You can lead a lot of consolidation of....everything...., given your status in this game, and having your site mirrored does not take away anything, but rather contributes to building a new community...IMHO.  A more target rich environment for those seeking information about what is probably the best WWI flight sim ever.

le Morte Homme

REBS_Rens

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 04:52:11 PM »
I suggest that you consider mirroring your website to a dedicated section of this website.

fine with me. how do we go about that ?

S!

Rens

Stan57

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 05:14:27 PM »
Wow  :P that would be great, Rens site has lots of RB3d info and downloads!

Salute!

Von S

• View Profile
    • WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 11:33:17 PM »
Hello gents', lots of RB3D files and resources available at my site linked below too, if you need any files to get the Baron up and running:

http://tinyurl.com/rb3donamac

Been a while since I've fired up the sim. but hope to try out RB3D again, time permitting.

If not all of the links are active in the document above, simply download it, open it, and then click on the links (file is in RTF format).

Happy flying,
Von S  :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:42:19 PM by Von S »